We are always constantly engaged in subconscious acts of investment planning. We plan how to invest the time we have for both long-term and short-term activities: Would the two hours we have be better spent watching television or taking in a ball game? Does it pay to invest the effort studying for a degree in business or would we get a better return studying to the pass the Bar exam? Its also important to invest the time planning your financial investments.
Why Investment Planning is Important
It is often said, “you reap what you sow”. Very true words for investments. No matter how much you have to invest, simply taking the time to decide where to put your money until you need it can be rewarding. For individuals and employee groups a mix of registered and non-registered income and pension plans can help achieve short- and long-term goals.
What We Can Do for You
Market timing does not work! Creating and preserving wealth needs diversification. Focus on the long-term and don’t let short-term diversions distract you. Investing is about more than just making money – it’s also about helping you pursue your financial goals!
IRAs , Retirement & College Savings Products
IRAs (Individual Retirement Account) can be either Traditional or Roth. Both plan types offer different advantages depending on the individuals circumstance and goals. IRA products can be funded through regular contributions in a given tax year, Rollover contributions from a qualified plan, or via transfer from a same plan type. Some advantages of IRAs include:
- Tax deduction for contributions (Traditional)
- Tax-deferred investment compounding (Traditional)
- Flexible Investment options (Roth & Traditional)
- Tax-free growth and withdrawals (Roth)
- No RMD (Roth)
529 Savings products offers a solution for an individual to save for someone’s education expenses at any time. Some of the advantages of a 529 Savings plan include:
- If qualifications are met earning are tax free
- The beneficiary can be anyone of any age with a Social Security or Tax ID number
- With restrictions Contributions are not subject to the federal gift tax
- Flexible investment options
Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds
Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds offer a variety of different investment products allowing diversity of funds.
- Stocks represent a share of a company; stocks value may increase from the time they were purchase which would result in a Capital Gain
- Stocks may also pay out dividends based on the number of shares owned
- Bonds products come in different forms often with a fixed interest rate
- Mutual Funds are pooled investor funds to purchase products “mutually”
- Mutual Funds are either actively managed or passively managed each have advantages and disadvantages